Join Peggy Fisher for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Use FXML to let a user ask a question, part of Learning JavaFX GUI Development.
- [Voiceover] Welcome back.…How did you like your first challenge,…I hope you had fun with it.…I'd like to show you my approach to the problem…Although I want to make sure that you understand,…your program might be different than mine,…because every programmer has their own nuances.…Let's get started, the first thing I'm gonna do…is create a new project in NetBeans, File, New Project,…I wanna make sure I choose, under Projects, the JavaFX,…FxML application, next, and I'm gonna name it, AskMe.…
Remember, the FxML Template creates three files,…your main AskMe net Java file, our FxML Document,…dot FxML File, and our document controller, dot Java.…We're not going to make a lot of changes…in the AskMe dot Java, but I would like to add a title…to my window, so I'm gonna scroll down,…and on line 25 I'm gonna add…stage dot set title, I'm gonna add a title that says…"The oracle awaits your questions"…That's the only thing I need to do here.…
Let's go to the FxML file next.…As you can tell by looking at this file, it looks a lot…
- What is JavaFX?
- Creating a simple JavaFX program
- Drawing lines, shapes, and text
- Applying effects
- Adding and animating images and charts
- Customizing interfaces with CSS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with JavaFX
2. Sample Applications
4. User Interface Components
6. Custom UIs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.