Solution to the user interface challenge
- [Voiceover] I want to show you the way that I…approach this problem, but once again, remember…every programmer's a little different,…especially since I didn't give you a specific layout,…or specific colors to use.…Let me run the program first, then we'll…walk through the code.…So, here's my window.…Fairly small window, but in the top panel,…I have a file menu.…If I click on it, I get some options.…The exit option will exit the window.…In the left hand column, I have three buttons.…
When I click on each one, it prints a…message in the center of my window.…Okay, let's see how we did this.…Let me close this window.…At the top of my code, you'll notice that…I have a label declared outside of my start method.…That makes it available to both my start method,…and any event handlers that I have in my code.…Let's scroll down a little bit, so you can…see more of the code.…I'm even going to close the output window.…Alright, I've started by creating a border pane.…
I thought that way I could have a top,…and a left and a center.…
- What is JavaFX?
- Creating a simple JavaFX program
- Drawing lines, shapes, and text
- Applying effects
- Adding and animating images and charts
- Customizing interfaces with CSS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with JavaFX
2. Sample Applications
4. User Interface Components
6. Custom UIs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.