Solution for creating a bar chart for the first quarter sales of a car company for two employees
- [Voiceover] I don't know about you but the bar chart…seemed a little more complicated to me then the pie chart.…Let's take a look at my code.…I'll try and explain my thought process as we go.…I'm gonna scroll down…in the start method, the first thing I had to do…was label the two axes.…The category axis along the bottom…which represented the sales people.…And the number axis which is the vertical axis,…which was the new car sales.…I created my bar chart and in the angle brackets I had to…specify the data types of the values.…
The string represents the sales persons name…and the value number represents the sales.…I called my bar chart, BC sales,…and I set it equal to a new bar chart.…I changed the title of the bar chart.…Lines 35, 36 and 37…is where I'm creating the series of data…for each month.…In lines 39 to 41 I set the names to January, February…and March.…On line 43 is where I actually add the data.…
I add information to the January series for Mary and Tom,…my two sales people, then February then March.…Let me scroll down a little further.…
- What is JavaFX?
- Creating a simple JavaFX program
- Drawing lines, shapes, and text
- Applying effects
- Adding and animating images and charts
- Customizing interfaces with CSS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with JavaFX
2. Sample Applications
4. User Interface Components
6. Custom UIs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.