Join Peggy Fisher for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: API, part of Java Essential Training for Students.
- I hope you didn't find this challenge too bad,…but I wanted you to get used to using…the Oracle documentation…to find libraries and classes…that may exist that may be helpful…in the future.…If you went out to the Oracle site,…and looked at the Java API,…I hope you found that the java.text library…has the date formatting that we need.…There's also one little secret that I didn't mention,…and that's that the IDE is very helpful…when it comes to missing imports.…Let me show you what I mean.…
As you see, right now,…the program does not know…what DateFormat and SimpleDateFormat are.…If I move my mouse over to the…lightbulb with the exclamation point on it,…and if I left click on that,…I'll get a list of options.…It says, "I can add the import for you,"…and you'll notice, it says,…Add import for java.text.…That's the library that I need,…that DateFormat.…I'll click on that one first.…But I need both, I also need the SimpleDateFormat,…so I'll go back over,…and click on that one too.…
There we go.…Now, there's no errors left in my program,…
- Getting started with parsing
- Reviewing data types
- Using decisions
- Creating user-defined methods
- Command-line debugging
- Exploring the Java API
- Creating and instantiating classes
- Working with interfaces
- Storing items with arrays
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How can I make my debugger function like the author’s?
1. Command Level Programming
2. Basics Review
4. Java API
5. Simulations and Algorithm Analysis
6. Classes and Objects
7. More on Classes
8. Data Structures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.