In this video, Doug Winnie walks through the macOS installation of the tools that he uses to code in Java throughout the course. This includes the Java Development Kit or JDK and the IntelliJ IDEA developer tools.
- [Instructor] As you learn more…about coding and programming, you will encounter…many different tools to help you do your job.…There are so many, in fact, that you might find…that one fits better than another.…While they all essentially do the same thing,…there are features and options in different tools…that mesh better with different types of coders.…Coding tools and their more sophisticated brothers,…the integrated development environment, or IDE,…can sometimes spark passionate debate…on which one is considered the best.…But ultimately, it comes down to you, the coder,…to decide what is best for you.…
To help make this course and the tools we use…easy to understand and the same across Windows and Mac OS,…the tool we'll use is IntelliJ IDEA.…IDEA is a free coding tool from Jet Brains…that is easy to use, not very complicated,…and it's the same across platforms.…There are others you can use for this course as well.…Some examples are Eclipse or NetBeans.…These tools provide the same features…but I won't walk through the installation of those.…
- The history of Java
- Setting up your development environment
- Working with values and variables
- Using methods and functions
- Capturing user input
- Creating conditional tests
- Using loops
- Creating and changing arrays
- Object-oriented programming in Java
- Defining permissions
- Extending classes
Skill Level Beginner
Computer Science Principles: The Internetwith Doug Winnie59m 30s Beginner
Java Essential Training for Studentswith Peggy Fisher3h 6m Intermediate
1. Intro to Java
2. Define Actions Using Code
3. Repeat Actions and Test for Conditions
4. Object-Oriented Programming Basics
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.