Learn refactoring within IntelliJ IDEA.
- IntelliJ offers many refactoring features.…You can see these using the context menus.…In this video I'll describe two of the refactoring features,…renaming and moving.…If your editor is not currently displaying split screens,…go to the context menu and select Split Vertically.…MyTriple and MyTripleTest should be displayed…side by side.…Place the cursor in the definition of MyTriple.…Use the context menu and select Refactor…and then Rename.…
Alternatively, we could've used shift + F6.…Let's change myTriple to myTripling.…Click Enter.…And here IntelliJ is telling us what impacts…this will have in other places within our code.…Once we have reviewed these, select OK.…After you've selected OK, choose Do Refactor.…The interesting thing to note…is that when you change myTripling using refactoring,…IntelliJ changed the name of the classes…that are called within your test code.…
Next, let's create a new package…within com .yourname and let's call it extras.…Now let's take MyTripleTest…and move it to that package via refactoring.…
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.