Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Process vs. thread, part of Java EE: Concurrency and Multithreading.
- [Instructor] Now, before we even get into…the Standard Edition APIs…and then start looking at the demos…and we move onto Enterprise Edition concurrency,…let's understand a few fundamental concepts.…We have known them for a while,…but let's revise them as a part of this course.…What is a process and what is a thread?…A process is a running instance…of an application or a program.…For example, on my machine, I may have Microsoft Word,…Microsoft Excel, NetBeans IDE,…and then MySQL server, Google Chrome browser…and so many programs installed,…but when I launch each one of them for my use,…then I'm trying to run an instance of that program,…and that is a process.…
A process is always going to be in its self-contained…execution environment and it will require its own resources…and memory space to operate effectively…to provide multitasking on your machine.…Every process generally starts off with a single thread…and then many threads can be created from it.…Every process will have a unique process ID,…it'll have its virtual address space,…
- What is concurrency?
- Processes and threads in Java SE
- Java EE concurrency APIs
- Working with the ManagedExecutorService, ManagedScheduledExecutorService, ManagedThreadFactory, and ContextService APIs
- Defining data access object (DAO) classes
- Adding methods to DAO classes
- Writing REST classes
- Creating custom thread factories
- Creating contextual proxies
- JTA transactions and concurrency
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
Java EE: Design Patterns and Architecturewith Alex Theedom2h 44m Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setup
2. Processes and Threads
3. Executor API
4. Java EE Concurrency APIs
5. Concurrency and Transactions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.