Join Alex Theedom for an in-depth discussion in this video Process the response with JSONP, part of RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0.
- [Instructor] We have already seen how the client API…can deserialize the response from the rest end-point,…directly to an object such as a response object or a list.…The API takes care of processing the JSON object…into an object that we want,…and saves us from the messy deserialization code.…But what if we want to get messy?…Or have to, because we don't know the shape of the response?…Or, simply, we want a low-level way…to access the restful API's response?…Well, we can.…The JAX-RS API works perfectly well…with adjacent processing API,…allowing us to write code that accesses the root nodes…of the JSON string,…in an intuitive, object-orientated way.…
The JSON API parses and transforms JSON data,…and also provides a way to query the data…using one of the two models:…The object model, and the streaming model.…I won't go into much detail about this right now,…as there is a specific course dedicated to this topic.…However, I will show you how to use the object model…to handle the response from the bookshop rest API.…
Join Alex Theedom as he guides you through a wide range of topics, including how to define resource endpoints, how to add dynamism to your application with hypermedia, how to maintain data integrity with Bean Validation, and how to process messages with the JSON Processing API. Once you have completed this course, you'll be ready to develop your own client and server RESTful APIs.
- Discover the extent of JAX-RS's features
- Use the annotation methodology
- Use the inheritance methodology
- Define a REST contract and API root
- Create the REST resource entity
- Create the REST resource methods
- Understand consumers and producers
- Work with different media types
- Define and work with path parameters
- Build a REST response and handle exceptions
- Implement Bean Validation and manage failures
- Create a RESTful client that consumes the web service
- Use JSON-P API with the REST client
- Implement hypermedia (HATEOAS)
Skill Level Intermediate
1. JAX-RS 2.0
2. Introduction to Bookshop Application
3. Create a REST Resource
4. Responses and HATEOAS
5. Bean Validation API
6. Create a REST Client
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.