Learn Java predefined character classes for regular expressions.
- [Instructor] This is a list of predefined characters…that we can use within Java regular expressions.…Let's create some tests to find a digit,…a word, and a non-word.…Go to the predefined package within your Exercises…file folder and we'll start with the test,…Test Predefined Digits.…The important thing to note here…is contained in the comment.…Note the two backslash characters…due to Java's escape character.…Let's run this test,…and we see that we found four which corresponds…to beechwood four.…
Let's test for a word,…again notice the double backslashes…and this time we'll search within preliminary typing test.…If we run this test,…we'll see that the first word character is n,…which corresponds to now, as in now is the time.…Finally, let's test for a non-word.…In this case we're using an uppercase W…with two backslashes.…Once again we'll look in the typing test string,…if we run the test the first non-word is the blank…that comes after N-O-W space, or N-O-W blank.…
If you are going to use Java regular expressions,…
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.