A JAR file is a Java archive, a file in ZIP format that contains one or more Java classes pre-compiled, so that you can run the JAR file as a complete application. You create the file with a tool that's included with the Java Development Kit, simply called JAR. But IntelliJ IDEA makes it pretty easy to create the JAR file without having to work from the command line.
- [Narrator] A JAR file is a Java archive,…a file in Zip format that contains…one or more Java classes pre-compiled into BI code.…The JAR file also includes something called…an application manifest that indicates…how the application is supposed to be run.…You can take a JAR file that's pre-compiled,…and share it with your users.…And as long as they have the JAVA runtime installed,…they should be able to run your application.…And, as long as you don't have native code,…that is any code built with C++ or another native language,…your JAR files should be cross platform.…
You should be able to run it on Windows,…on MAC, on Linux or on any other…operating system with the JAVA run time.…You create these files with a tool…that's included with the Java development kit…simply called JAR, but IntelliJ Idea…makes it very easy to create the JAR file…without having to work from the command line.…IntelliJ Idea calls the JAR file…an artifact and here's how you create it.…From the menu, I'll select file, project structure,…and then I'll choose artifacts on the left.…
- Debugging Java code
- Handling exceptions
- Creating custom classes
- Working with inheritance
- Managing data collections
- Using Java packages and libraries
- Preparing a Java application for deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exception Handling and Debugging
2. Create Custom Classes
3. Work with Inheritance
4. Manage Data Collections
5. Use Java Packages and Libraries
Work with dates and times7m 12s
6. Prepare a Java Application for Deployment
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.