Join Alex Theedom for an in-depth discussion in this video Output the JSON model to a data stream, part of JSON Processing with Java EE.
- [Narrator] Regardless of how the Json object…was created, you're going to want to do something with it.…Whether that be persisting it to a database,…extracting and processing elements of data from it,…or simply passing it on to the final consumer.…One thing you can do is to output it to a stream…so that it can be persisted or shared with another system.…In this video, we will discuss ways…that you can output the Json object to a stream.…At the beginning of this chapter,…we saw how to use the Json Reader…to load Json data into memory in the form of a Json object.…Now we're going to use the Json Writer…to flatten this object to a string.…
We do this by creating an instance of the Json Writer,…by calling a factory method in the Json class.…We then parse it either an instance…of the Writer object, or an OutputStream…object from the Json.io package.…Okay, so let's switch to the IDE and see how to do this.…Okay, so let's load up the object example six…class from the exercise files.…In this class we have a method called Build Json Document.…
In this course, discover how to use the Java Enterprise Edition (EE) JSON-Processing API. With its two programming models, JSON-Processing is one of the simplest ways to generate, query, and parse JSON data, and you'll find that implementing it in your projects is quick and easy. Join Alex Theedom as he covers an array of topics, including how to use both the object model and the streaming model, how to traverse a JSON structure, and how to parse JSON data using the extensive builder APIs. When you wrap up this course, you'll be ready to develop with this essential and powerful API.
- Working with JSON and Java
- JSON-Processing API features
- The Java EE JSON object model
- Creating a model from a JSON string
- Building a JSON model
- Traversing the JSON model
- Outputting the JSON model to a data stream
- Parsing and writing JSON data
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Faceswith Patrick Royal2h 11m Intermediate
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. JSON and Java
Work with JSON and Java3m 57s
2. JSON-Processing API Features
3. The Java EE JSON Object Model
4. The Java EE JSON Streaming Model
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.