Reynald shows various ways to add to-dos, notes, and any other kind of reminders in your code that can easily be searched for and filtered. The approach is more efficient the using a general search feature.
- [Instructor] Sometimes when I'm writing code…for a large project, there are times…that I need to put in a note somewhere in the code…that I need to go back to it to either modify it…or reflect on it, or I might just need…to go back to refactor it, something.…Well, NetBeans has a feature that helps you to do that…in a more efficient manner because…if it's a huge project, it might become a pain…to try find where in the code you left your notes.…The feature that I'm referring to is called…Using Action Items.…
And to see the Action Items Window, you can come in here…and start typing in Action, and click Action Items,…and you'll see it here at the bottom.…So let's say for example there was something…that I wanted to do for this constructor.…So I put in a comment to do let's just say…instead of rethink, add more parameters.…
And I'm going ahead and save that.…Action Items by default keeps track…of where you have TODOs so you can mark TODO…in several areas of your code,…and if you come down here and wrote Show all,…
- What is NetBeans?
- Creating templates
- Importing and exporting projects
- Debugging code
- Creating a project
- Creating a GridPane layout
- Creating the UI
- Deploying and executing an app
- Organizing the environment
Skill Level Beginner
1. Intro to NetBeans
2. Templates, Projects, and Debugging
3. Managing Services
4. Desktop Development: JavaFX
5. Web Development - PrimeFaces
6. Working with Clean Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.