- Arguments and return values of methods
- Method access modifiers
- Inheritance and polymorphism
- Abstract classes and interfaces
- Type casting on object references
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Baochuan] Welcome to Oracle Java Certification, Methods and Inheritance. This is the third course in our Java Certification series. We will talk about methods and inheritance in Java. We assume you know basic Java syntax and have written Java code before. Instead of going over some syntactical details, we'll explore some tricky issues, and not so obvious concepts through code examples. If you're interested in learning more about Java data types or operators, please check out the first two courses in this series. The goal of this series is to help you develop a more comprehensive understanding of the Java language so that you can be more proficient in Java programming. Methods and inheritance are two key concepts in Object-Oriented Design in Java. In this course, we'll move from the fundamental concepts of data types, and operators to design concepts, such as method overriding, and inheritance. We will explore many of the rules that make inheritance and polymorphism possible. My name is Baochuan Lu, and I'm a Professor of Computer Science. I love to figure things out and share the joy by teaching others to do the same.