Join Alex Theedom for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0.
- [Narrator] I hope you have enjoyed this RESTful Service…with JAX-RS 2.0 course,…and that you feel prepared to take…on the challenges of using REST in your next application.…For a broad overview of the most important APIs…in the Java EE ecosystem, then my course…Learning Java Enterprise Edition is ideal.…Finally, if you would like to advance your knowledge…of Enterprise Java even further,…you can follow me on my Twitter account @readlearncode.…Or, you can follow me on LinkedIn.…You can stay up-to-date…by visiting my blog, readlearncode.com,…where you will find more information about my book,…"Professional Java EE Design Patterns".…
Finally, I would like to introduce you to two ways…that you can get involved with the Java EE platform,…and help support it.…Firstly, you should consider becoming…a JCP Associate Member.…Membership offers you the chance to become…a permanent part of the Java platform's history…by contributing your work and recommendations…to the various standard specifications themselves.…And secondly, you should consider…
Join Alex Theedom as he guides you through a wide range of topics, including how to define resource endpoints, how to add dynamism to your application with hypermedia, how to maintain data integrity with Bean Validation, and how to process messages with the JSON Processing API. Once you have completed this course, you'll be ready to develop your own client and server RESTful APIs.
- Discover the extent of JAX-RS's features
- Use the annotation methodology
- Use the inheritance methodology
- Define a REST contract and API root
- Create the REST resource entity
- Create the REST resource methods
- Understand consumers and producers
- Work with different media types
- Define and work with path parameters
- Build a REST response and handle exceptions
- Implement Bean Validation and manage failures
- Create a RESTful client that consumes the web service
- Use JSON-P API with the REST client
- Implement hypermedia (HATEOAS)
Skill Level Intermediate
1. JAX-RS 2.0
2. Introduction to Bookshop Application
3. Create a REST Resource
4. Responses and HATEOAS
5. Bean Validation API
6. Create a REST Client
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.