In this course I've offered a taste of many popular Java API's for Android. But there are many others, and some of them are so extensive that they're deserving of their own courses. Also, many of these APIs are part of Google Play Services, rather than the core Android SDK. I'll describe some deep dive courses about mapping, data storage, and other subjects.
- [Voiceover] Thanks for watching this course…on working with Adroid's implementation of Java.…Covering some of the most common best practices…of Java programming for Android apps.…In this course I covered a number of popular APIs,…but there are so many to cover…and we have some deep dive courses…into particularly popular elements…of the Android SDK.…To learn more about working with data…watch the course Android SDK: Local Data Storage…and to learn about how to build a complete Adroid app…from top to bottom,…you can watch Building a Note-Taking App for Android.…
Many of the popular APIs aren't a part of the…core Android SDK.…Instead they're a part of Google Play…and you can learn about one aspect of…the Google Play libraries with the course…Adding Google Maps to Android Apps.…To learn about working with web services,…to communicate with host and services on the web,…you can watch…Connecting Android Apps to Restful Web Services…and to learn about how to support multiple screens,…you can watch Building Adaptive…Android Apps with Fragments.…
Watch these Java tutorials to learn smarter, more efficient methods for Android app development.
- Preparing the development environment
- Packaging and running Android apps
- Optimizing Java code for Android
- Implementing event handler interfaces
- Defining custom callback methods
- Working with the Android SDK's Java packages
- Storing data
- Reading text files
- Parsing JSON and XML data
- Managing device sensors
- Playing audio