What functional interfaces were added to Java 8?
- [Instructor] Hi.…Welcome to the video on new functional interfaces.…In this video you will about over 40 new…functional interfaces divided into six families…that were added to the Java API in Java 8.…We'll see how to use these functional interfaces…as targets of lambda expressions.…This will be illustrated by a number of practical examples.…
So, Java 8 came with a new package…called java.util.function,…and this package contains over 40 new functional interfaces…that cover all common types of functions.…In this video we're going to look at the most important…functional interfaces from this package.…On this slide we're summarizing the most important…families of functional interfaces, grouped by their type,…the type of their only abstract function.…
First of all, we have functions from nothing…to an arbitrary type, T.…Functions that have no arguments and return…some object T of type T.…This functional interface is called a Supplier.…Next, we have functions that take some arbitrary object, T,…and return nothing.…
Note: To get the best results from this course, you should be familiar with basic Java programming concepts, including lists, maps, and sets, and have a suitable IDE, such as Eclipse, NetBeans, or IntelliJ.
This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- What is functional programming?
- What are functional interfaces?
- Writing lambda expressions
- Creating functional interfaces
- Composing functions
- Sequential data processing with streams
- Using parallel streams