Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating inheritance trees, part of Java Advanced Training.
Java greatly depends on the use of inheritance to manage the relationship between different…classes and the Reflection API gives you tools that let you walk up the inheritance tree.…Once you have an object that you have a reference to you can walk up to its super class and…to its super class all the way up to the top level class object.…I'll show you how to do this in the project named Walk Inheritance.…In this version of the project I have the Olive class.…
The Olive class doesn't have an extends keyword.…So therefore by default it extends object and then I have three subclasses, Kalamata,…Ligurio, and Picholine, and each of these classes extends the Olive class.…So we have essentially a three-level inheritance tree, Picholine, Kalamata, and Ligurio are siblings.…They share a super class of Olive and Olive has a super class of object.…I'll go back to the main class into the main method, and I'll start my coding by creating…an instance of the Ligurio class, but I'm not going to be specific about its type.…
- Installing Java on Windows and Mac OS X
- Installing Eclipse
- Using new features such as simplified generics
- Working with advanced class structures (member, local inner, etc.)
- Using the Reflection API
- Navigating inheritance trees
- Managing unordered and ordered sets
- Peeking and polling with queues
- Testing and error handling
- Managing files and directories
- Working with I/O streams
- Next steps with Java
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started
2. Java 7 New Features
3. Using Advanced Class Structures
4. Using the Reflection API
5. More of the Collections Framework
6. Testing and Advanced Exception Handling
Using the finally keyword5m 40s
7. Managing Files and Directories in Java 7
8. Working with I/O Streams
9. Working with Multi-threading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.