Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing unordered sets with HashSet, part of Java Advanced Training.
In the Java Essential Training course I described how to use classes such as ArrayList and…HashMap, which allow you to manage ordered and unordered sets of data.…These classes are parts of something called the collections framework, a collection of…classes that do different things with collections of data in your Java applications.…You can find documentation about the collections framework at this web page.…There's an overview, API specifications, tutorials, and other docs available.…The overview includes an introduction and then a list of the interfaces that are a part…of the collections framework and then a list of the implementations.…
All of these classes are members of the package java.util, and they're all available in the Core JDK.…In this video I'm going to start with the HashSet class and then I'll go want to describe…something called the TreeSet.…A collection that's defined as a set is explicitly a collection of data where each object can…only appear in the set once.…I'm going to start with the HashSet, because it's the highest performance and the simplest…
- Installing Java on Windows and Mac OS X
- Installing Eclipse
- Using new features such as simplified generics
- Working with advanced class structures (member, local inner, etc.)
- Using the Reflection API
- Navigating inheritance trees
- Managing unordered and ordered sets
- Peeking and polling with queues
- Testing and error handling
- Managing files and directories
- Working with I/O streams
- Next steps with Java
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started
2. Java 7 New Features
3. Using Advanced Class Structures
4. Using the Reflection API
5. More of the Collections Framework
6. Testing and Advanced Exception Handling
Using the finally keyword5m 40s
7. Managing Files and Directories in Java 7
8. Working with I/O Streams
9. Working with Multi-threading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.