Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video ManagedThreadFactory with ThreadPoolExecutor, part of Java EE: Concurrency and Multithreading.
- [Narrator] Now let's see how to use…the ManagedThreadFactory with the ThreadPoolExecutor…and that will help to you return…an ExecutorService of the Java Standard Edition.…Let's see how to do that.…Let's get to the IDE and what I'm gonna do is…in the Rest class itself on line number 40,…I'm going to write a method.…That method is public.…It returns an ExecutorService.…Now please understand that this is the ExecutorService…of the java.util.concurrent package,…so I'm trying to take the reference…of the Standard Edition concurrency API.…
This is a little different because…all this while we have been only dealing…with Enterprise concurrency resources…but we'll see how to use ManagedThreadFactory…and then get an ExecutorService.…So let's see how to do that.…Okay so this is going to return you…an ExecutorService and let's say,…I'm going to say, getApplicationPool.…And inside that I'll say,…ExecutorService take a reference for it,…and I'm going to say new ThreadPoolExecutor.…
That's the API, now before actually trying…to do things ahead,…
- What is concurrency?
- Processes and threads in Java SE
- Java EE concurrency APIs
- Working with the ManagedExecutorService, ManagedScheduledExecutorService, ManagedThreadFactory, and ContextService APIs
- Defining data access object (DAO) classes
- Adding methods to DAO classes
- Writing REST classes
- Creating custom thread factories
- Creating contextual proxies
- JTA transactions and concurrency
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
Java EE: Design Patterns and Architecturewith Alex Theedom2h 44m Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setup
2. Processes and Threads
3. Executor API
4. Java EE Concurrency APIs
5. Concurrency and Transactions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.