Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video ManagedThreadFactory API, part of Java EE: Concurrency and Multithreading.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look…at the ManagedThreadFactory API now.…So this is a managed version…of the Java Standard Edition ThreadFactory…that we have taken a look at in our earlier videos.…And of course, this is also to create threads…in the application, and when you talk…about ManagedThreadFactory, this is going…to be managed by the container.…Like your ManagedExecutorService…and your ManagedScheduledExecutorService,…this API, too, can be injected using the JNDI lookup…or the Resource annotation.…Additionally, the interesting thing…with ManagedThreadFactory is that it can be used…with the Java Standard Edition ExecutorService.…
Inside the Java Standard Edition platform there is an API,…called java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.…This API allows you to create and execute a service,…specifying your own configuration parameters.…Let's say for the full size, what is a maximum number…of thread that can live in the pool,…what is a keeper lifetime, how many tasks should be held…in the queue, and all of that.…
- What is concurrency?
- Processes and threads in Java SE
- Java EE concurrency APIs
- Working with the ManagedExecutorService, ManagedScheduledExecutorService, ManagedThreadFactory, and ContextService APIs
- Defining data access object (DAO) classes
- Adding methods to DAO classes
- Writing REST classes
- Creating custom thread factories
- Creating contextual proxies
- JTA transactions and concurrency
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
Java EE: Design Patterns and Architecturewith Alex Theedom2h 44m Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setup
2. Processes and Threads
3. Executor API
4. Java EE Concurrency APIs
5. Concurrency and Transactions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.