Learn to customize how the code is formatted specifically with braces—but is not limited to it. Also learn about a short cut for formatting, and how to have NetBeans auto save.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about the look…and feel of your code.…Sometimes your code might be somewhat disorganized.…You might have some indents that do not line up…the way that you want them to.…For example, if I mess up line 16…and line 21 through 23, also the last line here 26…with that curly brace, there's a quick way…to have NetBeans automatically format it.…And that's by going to Source and clicking Format.…
Or you can use this shortcut alt shift f.…And once I do that, things are just back to normal.…Or at least the way NetBeans expects it to be looking.…See the plus signs here are a little bit…aligned slightly differently.…But overall, it is uniform.…Now along that topic, there might be something…like the curly braces.…Notice that when we put focus on an opening curly brace,…it highlights the closing curly brace…which is pretty cool because sometimes…things can get hairy if you have a lot…of nested curly braces and you're trying to find…which one that closes.…
But let's say you're the type of person…that wanted to have your curly brace…
- What is NetBeans?
- Creating templates
- Importing and exporting projects
- Debugging code
- Creating a project
- Creating a GridPane layout
- Creating the UI
- Deploying and executing an app
- Organizing the environment
Skill Level Beginner
1. Intro to NetBeans
2. Templates, Projects, and Debugging
3. Managing Services
4. Desktop Development: JavaFX
5. Web Development - PrimeFaces
6. Working with Clean Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.