- Kotlin as a better Java
- Setting up a Kotlin programming environment
- Val vs. var
- Understanding basic Kotlin programming concepts
- Object-oriented programming
- Using Java from Kotlin
- Using Kotlin from Java
- Annotations, reflection, and DSL construction
- Functional programming in Kotlin
Skill Level Advanced
- Kotlin is a relatively new Java-compatible language from prolific tool developers, JetBrains. It has been publicly available in beta form since 2012, and version 1.0 was released in 2016. Its powerful features and community support has convinced Google to make it an officially supported development language for Android. Hi, I'm Troy Miles. I'm a software engineer, speaker, and author. I've been developing software for more than 30 years. In this course, we'll look at Kotlin's features, including generics, operator overloading, lambdas, sequences, interwrap ability with Java, and many more.
I think you'll find Kotlin is what Java would be if it was written today. And you'll enjoy how its clean syntax and modern features makes coding fun. I'm excited to teach you Kotlin, so let's get started.
1. Kotlin as a Better Java
Why a new JVM language?1m 35s
2. Get Started with Kotlin
3. Basic Kotlin Programming
4. Object-Oriented Programming
5. Java Interop
6. Advanced Kotlin Features
7. Functional Programming in Kotlin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.