Learn about the ingest, model, query, analyze, visualize (IMQAV) model for data science in Java.
- [Instructor] IMQAV is a useful framework for data science. It is an acronym for ingest, model, query, analyze, and visualize. In the next several slides, I'll present tables that separate each of these concepts, and then present software that implements these concepts. Beginning with ingestion, we have these software products. Ingestion is a set of software's engineering techniques to adapt high volumes of data that arrive rapidly, often via streaming.
Modeling is a set of data architecture techniques to create data storage that is appropriate for a particular domain. Separating domains into relational key value, etc., these are the products that you can find on the web. Query refers to extracting data from storage, and modifying that data to accommodate anomalies, such as missing data. Analyze refers to a set of mathematical techniques for statistics, optimization, and machine learning.
You can see in these tables the products that are available in each of these categories. Visualize refers to transforming large amounts of data into visually useful formats. Here are some popular programs for visualization.
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.