Watch these Java tutorials to learn smarter, more efficient methods for Android app development.
- Preparing the development environment
- Packaging and running Android apps
- Optimizing Java code for Android
- Implementing event handler interfaces
- Defining custom callback methods
- Working with the Android SDK's Java packages
- Storing data
- Reading text files
- Parsing JSON and XML data
- Managing device sensors
- Playing audio
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] My name is David Gassner. This course on Java programming in Android is a survey of popular design patterns and APIs that can improve your Android applications. In the section on design patterns, I'll describe how to use Java's inheritance architecture to call and implement call back methods to work with instant state and data, and wrap asynchronous tasks in fragments to retain their state no matter what happens on an Android device. And in the section on Android's Java implementation, I'll describe a SDK's more popular APIs that let you work with databases, respond to device sensors, use voice emulation, and more.
I hope this course helps you improve your Android development skills.
1. Getting Started
2. Android's Implementation of Java
3. Common Java Design Patterns in Android
Manage async tasks in fragments11m 19s
4. The Android SDK's Java Packages
5. Android-Specific Java Packages
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.