- Installing Java on Windows and Mac OS X
- Installing Eclipse
- Using new features such as simplified generics
- Working with advanced class structures (member, local inner, etc.)
- Using the Reflection API
- Navigating inheritance trees
- Managing unordered and ordered sets
- Peeking and polling with queues
- Testing and error handling
- Managing files and directories
- Working with I/O streams
- Next steps with Java
Skill Level Advanced
- My name is David Gassner and I'd like to welcome you to Java Advanced Training. In this video series, I start with new features of Java 7. I also show how to use some advanced features of Java, for example, I'll describe how to architect your Java code using syntax such as local and anonymous inner classes, how to do test-driven development with assertions, and how to use multiple threads with the thread class and the runnable interface, and much more. I hope that this course will help you advance your Java development skills for use in all of your applications.
1. Getting Started
2. Java 7 New Features
3. Using Advanced Class Structures
4. Using the Reflection API
5. More of the Collections Framework
6. Testing and Advanced Exception Handling
Using the finally keyword5m 40s
7. Managing Files and Directories in Java 7
8. Working with I/O Streams
9. Working with Multi-threading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.