Learn the rationale for other languages based upon Java—Java Virtual Machine (JVM) languages.
- [Instructor] The term Java often refers…to both the Java virtual machine and the Java compiler.…The compiler translate your source code into bytecode…which runs on a Java virtual machine.…Some authors and teams found the original version of Java…along with its updates through Java 8…to be either too restrictive or lacking in features.…These people created new languages…that run within a JVM, and thereby…they have access to the ubiquity of JDMs.…
Implicitly, we'll be using one of these in this course.…We'll be using the Gradle build system,…and the Gradle build system is built…upon a JDM language, Groovy.…Throughout the course, I'll be explaining…how you can use Java for data engineering and data analysis.…One interesting component of data engineering…is building tools for other data scientists.…The creators of these JDM languages expanded the idea…of building tools into building new languages.…
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.