Join Alex Theedom for an in-depth discussion in this video JSON builder API, part of JSON Processing with Java EE.
- [Instructor] We have seen that adjacent structure…can be built from adjacent document…in a string of that file.…What we're going to see now…is how to build adjacent structure…using the static builder provided…by the jsonx.json.jsonclass.…This class provides factory methods…to create two types of builders,…a JsonObjectBuilder which builds Json objects,…and JsonArrayBuilder which builds Json arrays.…With just these two builders…we have all the tools needed to build Json arrays…and Json objects.…Once we have obtained an instance…of one of these two factories…we start the construction process…by calling an add method and passing it the property name…and the property value.…
It is possible to nest Json objects and arrays…by passing a new instance with the builder…as a the value of a property.…Here is a simple example that constructs a Json object…with a single string property…and an array property.…This Json object is constructed…by creating a Json object builder…and including the add method to add property values.…You can see that the second property…
In this course, discover how to use the Java Enterprise Edition (EE) JSON-Processing API. With its two programming models, JSON-Processing is one of the simplest ways to generate, query, and parse JSON data, and you'll find that implementing it in your projects is quick and easy. Join Alex Theedom as he covers an array of topics, including how to use both the object model and the streaming model, how to traverse a JSON structure, and how to parse JSON data using the extensive builder APIs. When you wrap up this course, you'll be ready to develop with this essential and powerful API.
- Working with JSON and Java
- JSON-Processing API features
- The Java EE JSON object model
- Creating a model from a JSON string
- Building a JSON model
- Traversing the JSON model
- Outputting the JSON model to a data stream
- Parsing and writing JSON data
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Faceswith Patrick Royal2h 11m Intermediate
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. JSON and Java
Work with JSON and Java3m 57s
2. JSON-Processing API Features
3. The Java EE JSON Object Model
4. The Java EE JSON Streaming Model
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.