In this course, discover how to use the Java Enterprise Edition (EE) JSON-Processing API. With its two programming models, JSON-Processing is one of the simplest ways to generate, query, and parse JSON data, and you'll find that implementing it in your projects is quick and easy. Join Alex Theedom as he covers an array of topics, including how to use both the object model and the streaming model, how to traverse a JSON structure, and how to parse JSON data using the extensive builder APIs. When you wrap up this course, you'll be ready to develop with this essential and powerful API.
- Working with JSON and Java
- JSON-Processing API features
- The Java EE JSON object model
- Creating a model from a JSON string
- Building a JSON model
- Traversing the JSON model
- Outputting the JSON model to a data stream
- Parsing and writing JSON data
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Narrator] One of the most useful Java EE specifications is JSON Processing, with it's fluent APIs and two programming models, it is one of the simplest ways to generate, stream, query, and parse JSON data in our own projects. Hi, I'm Alex Theedom, I've been developing Java Enterprise applications for well over 10 years. I am passionate about this powerful and lightweight ecosystem. In this course, you'll learn how to use both the object model and the streaming model, how to construct JSON objects and parse JSON data using the extensive builder APIs, how to traverse a JSON object, and flush a JSON model to an output stream.
You will learn how easy it is to parse, read and manipulate JSON data in a variety of different ways, regardless of how deeply nested its structure. In short, I will show you everything you need to know to get started with this useful API.