In this video, Nick Maiorano demonstrates how the JAR command-line tool can be used to version modules, and how it can set or override compile-time versions.
- The Jar Utility has also been enriched…with a few modulary-based options.…In JPMS class directories, can contain…the module-info class at the root.…Similarly, a jar file is considered to be modular…if it has a module-info class at its root,…and it can then be used within JPMS.…The relationship between modules and jar files is 1:1.…This means that jar files must contain only one module.…
I'm now going to build the application…and create a jar file for each module.…This command creates a jar file for…the move-in package and all other packages.…It's recommended to name the jar file after the module name.…The dash C option sets the mod's…com red 30 tech movement, as the root directory.…So, files in the jar will be relative to that directory.…This is important because the module-info class…must be at the root of the jar file.…
To run the application using jar files,…specify the jar directory in the…Java command line using the module path.…The jar files are all contained within the bin directory.…The module path specifies where to find…
In this course, instructor Nick Maiorano breaks down this complexity by explaining what modularity is all about, how Java has adopted modularity and how to start using to build better quality applications.
- What is modularity?
- The five pillars of modularity
- Modularity in the real world
- JPMS concepts and syntax
- Designing and implementing a modular structure
- Compiling, packaging and running modular applications
- Using the dependency checking tools
- Creating custom runtime images
- Managing backward compatibility with classes and modules
- Explicit, unnamed, and automatic modules
- JPMS tips and recommendations
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Essential Training: Syntax and Structurewith David Gassner3h 9m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Modularity
2. Java Modularity through the Ages
3. Building Modular Applications with Java
4. Tools and Strategies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.