- When working with classes,…you'll hear the word Inheritance.…So, what is Inherited?…Inheritance provides a powerful and natural mechanism…for organizing and structuring your software.…This section explains how classes Inherit…both state and behavior from their superclasses,…and explains how to derive one class from another using…the simple syntax provided by The Java Programming Language.…Inheritance allows once class to be created…based on the definition of another class.…
The new class inherits all the instance data and methods…for the base class, thus reducing data redundancy.…There are numerous real-life examples of this concept.…For example, we might identify a shape class,…which describes a wide range of shapes.…For example, circles, rectangles,…and triangles are all shapes.…They all have some common characteristics,…but then each one has additional features…specific to that shape.…
For example, to calculate the area of a circle…you need to know the radius, pi r squared.…To find the area of a rectangle…
- Getting started with parsing
- Reviewing data types
- Using decisions
- Creating user-defined methods
- Command-line debugging
- Exploring the Java API
- Creating and instantiating classes
- Working with interfaces
- Storing items with arrays
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How can I make my debugger function like the author’s?
1. Command Level Programming
2. Basics Review
4. Java API
5. Simulations and Algorithm Analysis
6. Classes and Objects
7. More on Classes
8. Data Structures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.