Learn about the installation and setup of a Java coding environment.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we downloaded these six pieces of software.…In this video, we'll install each one of them.…We'll begin with the Java development kit.…Double-click on this icon,…open up the installer, and click Next.…Select the default options, again, select Next.…And this is the location where the installer…will place the Java files.…Click Next.…At this point, you have two options.…One, you can choose the Next Steps button,…and the installer indicates what will occur.…
Or, as we'll do in this video, we'll press the Close button.…After the installer has completed,…we can verify the installation by opening a command prompt.…Once you're at the command prompt, type java -version.…As you can see, version 1.8.0_111…has been installed.…
This corresponds to the version of Java that we downloaded.…You can close the command prompt,…and now we can move on to continue with our installation.…Next, we'll install Git.…Once again, double-click on the application.…Select Run.…Accept the license.…And accept the default location.…
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.