Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Java 7 on Windows, part of Advanced Java Programming.
If you don't already have the Java 7 Developers Kit installed on your computer,…you should install it now, if you want to work through the exercise files in this course.…Go to the URL, oracle.com/java, that will redirect you to a web page where you can click a link…to Download Java for Developers.…From this page scroll down and locate the Java section and click on Java SE for Standard Edition.…Notice the notation that this download includes the Java FX installation.…
I'll talk about that a little later.…On this page click the Download link scroll down to the Development Kit section and Accept…the License Agreement.…Now you're able to download the correct version of Java for your computer.…On Windows, choose either the Windows x86 download for 32-bit Windows or Windows X64…for 64-bit Windows.…If you're not sure which version of Windows you're running check the control panel system page.…I'll be using this version for 64-bit Windows.…I've already downloaded it to my desktop and opened it up.…
You'll notice that the install requires administrative access.…
- Installing Java on Windows and Mac OS X
- Installing Eclipse
- Using new features such as simplified generics
- Working with advanced class structures (member, local inner, etc.)
- Using the Reflection API
- Navigating inheritance trees
- Managing unordered and ordered sets
- Peeking and polling with queues
- Testing and error handling
- Managing files and directories
- Working with I/O streams
- Next steps with Java
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started
2. Java 7 New Features
3. Using Advanced Class Structures
4. Using the Reflection API
5. More of the Collections Framework
6. Testing and Advanced Exception Handling
Using the finally keyword5m 40s
7. Managing Files and Directories in Java 7
8. Working with I/O Streams
9. Working with Multi-threading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.