Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Eclipse 4.2 Juno, part of Advanced Java Programming.
Throughout this course I'll be using the most recent version of Eclipse, Eclipse Juno 4.2.…If you don't already have this version installed, you can download it for free from www.eclipse.org/downloads.…Choose the version for your operating system. I'll be using a version for Windows 64-bit.…I have downloaded the installation to my desktop.…Regardless of whether you're working on Mac, Windows, or Linux, you'll get the download…as an archive file. On Windows I have a zip file.…
And no matter which operating system you're on just extract the contents,…and then move the Eclipse folder that you'll find into your program files directory on…Windows, or your applications folder on Mac.…I've installed Eclipse 4.2 into my program files folder.…And I'll double-click eclipse.exe to Run it.…And if you're working on Mac just double-click on the Eclipse application.…The first time you start Eclipse you'll be asked to select the workspace, just as in previous…versions of Eclipse. And I'll use the default, simply named workspace.…
- Installing Java on Windows and Mac OS X
- Installing Eclipse
- Using new features such as simplified generics
- Working with advanced class structures (member, local inner, etc.)
- Using the Reflection API
- Navigating inheritance trees
- Managing unordered and ordered sets
- Peeking and polling with queues
- Testing and error handling
- Managing files and directories
- Working with I/O streams
- Next steps with Java
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started
2. Java 7 New Features
3. Using Advanced Class Structures
4. Using the Reflection API
5. More of the Collections Framework
6. Testing and Advanced Exception Handling
Using the finally keyword5m 40s
7. Managing Files and Directories in Java 7
8. Working with I/O Streams
9. Working with Multi-threading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.