Learn library usage and classpaths in Java.
- [Instructor] Computer languages…such as Java, C++, and Python,…all have ecosystems.…The ecosystems contain Libraries that provide…functionality that is not included…within the core language.…Java has a particularly rich ecosytem.…Part of gaining proficiency with a language…is learning how to use its ecosystem.…In Java, most Libraries are distributed…as Java archive files, known by their extension…J-A-R.…
Jar files may or may not contain source code.…There are distinct differences between…using Libraries at compile time…and using Libraries at run time.…It is relatively easy to use Libraries at compile time,…and IDE's, such as IntelliJ,…provide assistance for using Libraries.…It is more difficult to use Libraries at run time,…particularly when your code will be installed…into a server,…or a UI such as an Ant or a device,…or a cloud-based application.…
Some of the difficulties include…ensuring that Libraries are installed…in correct locations, ensuring that your code…can access Libraries, and resolving conflicts…between different versions of Libraries…
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.