Android Studio is available from Google without any cost or registration. When you download the installation bundle, you're also getting the complete Android SDK. The installation steps differ depending on your operating system, but once the process is complete you'll be ready to get started building and deploying Android apps.
- [Voiceover] in addition to the Java development kit…you'll need to install Android Studio and the Android SDK…to follow along with this course.…You can get the most recent version of Android Studio…by going to a browser and typing d.android.com.…That'll take you to the Android developer website…and from there you can click Develop…and then Tools.…And you'll be able to download Android Studio…for your operating system.…There's a version for Mac, one for Linux…and one for Windows.…
If you want to download a version for some…other operating system click on the Other Options link…and you'll see a listing of available installers.…The complete steps for installing Android Studio…and the Android SDK are covered in this course;…Android App Development Essential Training.…You'll find videos here for installing Android Studio…on Windows and on Mac, and for configuring…the Android SDK.…If you don't already have Android Studio installed…you can follow along with these videos…and make sure that your environment…is setup correctly before you follow along…
Watch these Java tutorials to learn smarter, more efficient methods for Android app development.
- Preparing the development environment
- Packaging and running Android apps
- Optimizing Java code for Android
- Implementing event handler interfaces
- Defining custom callback methods
- Working with the Android SDK's Java packages
- Storing data
- Reading text files
- Parsing JSON and XML data
- Managing device sensors
- Playing audio