One of the most important new features of Java 9 is the concept of API modularity. Known during development as Project Jigsaw, these tools let you break down your app and the core Java API into units. When you deliver an application, you no longer have to deliver the entire core Java class library—instead, you only include what’s needed.
- [Narrator] One of Java 9's most important new features…is the concept of API modularity.…Known during development as Project Jigsaw,…these tools let you break down your app…and the core Java API into units known as modules.…When you deliver an application…you no longer have to deliver…the entire core Java class library.…Instead you only include what's needed.…I'll demonstrate this with a new set of classes…for making network requests.…These tools were being developed during Java 9's development…but at the time Java 9 was released,…they were considered still to be in incubator status.…
So, they are not included in the core Java API files…that you get with the SDK.…There's a file called rt.jar, that stands for runtime.jar,…that includes most of the classes…that you typically call in a Java application.…The new HTTP packages are not a part of that jar file.…And if you want to include them…you have to be explicit about it.…In this application I have a constant…that's pointing to this URL.…I'll copy it to the clipboard and then go to a browser,…
- Debugging Java code
- Handling exceptions
- Creating custom classes
- Working with inheritance
- Managing data collections
- Using Java packages and libraries
- Preparing a Java application for deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exception Handling and Debugging
2. Create Custom Classes
3. Work with Inheritance
4. Manage Data Collections
5. Use Java Packages and Libraries
Work with dates and times7m 12s
6. Prepare a Java Application for Deployment
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.