Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Important pointers and API overview, part of Java EE: Concurrency and Multithreading.
- [Instructor] Before we go on further with the managed…thread factory and the contact service API demos,…let's first quickly take a look at some important pointers…that we need to keep in mind,…and also let's look at the APIs for the earlier demos.…So, you've seen that the demo for managed executor service…and managed scheduled executor service.…In this slide we'll also take a look at the rest of the APIs…that these objects have on them.…Okay, so let's start off.…One is implementations of all managed resources…of the concurrency APIs are provided…by the Java Enterprise Edition product provider.…
What I mean is, all the four main services that we see,…the managed executor, managed scheduled executor,…managed thread factory and contact service,…these are the interfaces that the specification of JSR has.…But, the implementation classes for these are going…to be provided by the underlying application server…that you are using.…In our case, it is GlassFish server, okay?…And whenever you are going to change your server,…
- What is concurrency?
- Processes and threads in Java SE
- Java EE concurrency APIs
- Working with the ManagedExecutorService, ManagedScheduledExecutorService, ManagedThreadFactory, and ContextService APIs
- Defining data access object (DAO) classes
- Adding methods to DAO classes
- Writing REST classes
- Creating custom thread factories
- Creating contextual proxies
- JTA transactions and concurrency
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
Java EE: Design Patterns and Architecturewith Alex Theedom2h 44m Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setup
2. Processes and Threads
3. Executor API
4. Java EE Concurrency APIs
5. Concurrency and Transactions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.