Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Important Java EE terms, part of Java EE: Concurrency and Multithreading.
- [Instructor] Before we get into the demos…for the Managed Executer Service…or Managed Scheduled Executer Service…and lead us to the concurrency APIs,…let us take a quick look at some…of the Java Enterprise concepts…that we need to be aware of before we go further.…Now, of course if you need more information…about these concepts you can take a course…on LinkedIn Learning about it,…but as a part of this course, let's quickly revise them.…The first one is JNDI.…Java Naming and Directory Interface is an API in Java…to access data tree services.…
So, what does this do?…It'll help you to look up data and resources…by means of a name and that name is a JNDI name.…Now, like all the other Java APIs,…this one is also independent…of the underlying implementation.…When you talk about the resources and data look-up,…these can come from either a FLAC file or a database,…or maybe even the application server.…Now, the Java Remote Method Invocation…and the JAVA Enterprise Edition APIs use JNDI extensively…to look up objects over a network.…
- What is concurrency?
- Processes and threads in Java SE
- Java EE concurrency APIs
- Working with the ManagedExecutorService, ManagedScheduledExecutorService, ManagedThreadFactory, and ContextService APIs
- Defining data access object (DAO) classes
- Adding methods to DAO classes
- Writing REST classes
- Creating custom thread factories
- Creating contextual proxies
- JTA transactions and concurrency
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
Java EE: Design Patterns and Architecturewith Alex Theedom2h 44m Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setup
2. Processes and Threads
3. Executor API
4. Java EE Concurrency APIs
5. Concurrency and Transactions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.