Join Alex Theedom for an in-depth discussion in this video Implement HATEOAS, part of RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0.
- [Instructor] To use HATEOAS, we need to make changes…to the server and to the client applications.…In the server application, what we need to do…is to add a delete method that responds to the request…to delete a resource on a specific URI.…Also we need to HATEOAS-enable the get all books method.…Let's open up the book resources class.…Let's go to the get all books method.…In this class, all we need to do is to add the same logic…that we added to the get book by ISBN.…I'm just going to copy that logic, like so.…
We need to enter that logic in here.…We need to iterate over each of the books…and add this logic to each book.…We'll just create a simple iteration like so,…for books, we're going to add hypermedia capability.…I've just copied this logic in to this method.…I'm deleting the get clause because the object returned…from the array is not wrapped in an optional,…so in this case, they're not needed.…Obviously, in the real application, what you'll do is…you'll extract out this logic into a separate method,…
Join Alex Theedom as he guides you through a wide range of topics, including how to define resource endpoints, how to add dynamism to your application with hypermedia, how to maintain data integrity with Bean Validation, and how to process messages with the JSON Processing API. Once you have completed this course, you'll be ready to develop your own client and server RESTful APIs.
- Discover the extent of JAX-RS's features
- Use the annotation methodology
- Use the inheritance methodology
- Define a REST contract and API root
- Create the REST resource entity
- Create the REST resource methods
- Understand consumers and producers
- Work with different media types
- Define and work with path parameters
- Build a REST response and handle exceptions
- Implement Bean Validation and manage failures
- Create a RESTful client that consumes the web service
- Use JSON-P API with the REST client
- Implement hypermedia (HATEOAS)
Skill Level Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. JAX-RS 2.0
2. Introduction to Bookshop Application
3. Create a REST Resource
4. Responses and HATEOAS
5. Bean Validation API
6. Create a REST Client
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.