Join Alex Theedom for an in-depth discussion in this video Headline features of JSON-P, part of JSON Processing with Java EE.
- [Narrator] The JSON Processing API…has a wide range of features…centered on the two main ways that it manipulates JSON.…With an object model and a streaming model.…The JSON-P JSR specifies features for generating,…parsing, querying, and transforming JSON data.…It provides two models.…An object model and a streaming model…that provide different ways to build…and process JSON documents.…The API consists of three packages.…The jsonx.json package provides the object model API…for processing JSON data.…
It includes classes that model the JSON structure…and factories for JSON readers and writers.…You will learn all about how to use this API…later on in this course.…The javax.json.streaming package provides…the streaming model API that parses and generates JSON data.…It includes factories for creating parses and generators.…We will dive deeper into this feature…later on in this course.…The third package, javax.json.spi,…is a service provider interface used to plug in…implementations for JSON Processing objects.…
This class is for implementers…
In this course, discover how to use the Java Enterprise Edition (EE) JSON-Processing API. With its two programming models, JSON-Processing is one of the simplest ways to generate, query, and parse JSON data, and you'll find that implementing it in your projects is quick and easy. Join Alex Theedom as he covers an array of topics, including how to use both the object model and the streaming model, how to traverse a JSON structure, and how to parse JSON data using the extensive builder APIs. When you wrap up this course, you'll be ready to develop with this essential and powerful API.
- Working with JSON and Java
- JSON-Processing API features
- The Java EE JSON object model
- Creating a model from a JSON string
- Building a JSON model
- Traversing the JSON model
- Outputting the JSON model to a data stream
- Parsing and writing JSON data
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Faceswith Patrick Royal2h 11m Intermediate
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. JSON and Java
Work with JSON and Java3m 57s
2. JSON-Processing API Features
3. The Java EE JSON Object Model
4. The Java EE JSON Streaming Model
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.