Learn how to read and manage data from relational databases such as Postgres, Oracle Database, MySQL, and SQL Server using Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) in applications programmed with Java.
- [Frank] There are very few applications in the world today that don't have some aspect of data access. In fact, I might even argue that out of all of the common constructs for application developers today, data access is shared by the majority of developers. In the Java world, JDBC is the most common technology for accessing relational database from a relational database management system or RDBMS. The modern RDBMS can span from the embedded in memory type to the traditional large deployment on big iron hardware leveraging custom components and discs.
Hi, my name is Frank Moley. I'm a software developer, architect, and technologist who has spent a significant amount of my career using JDBC to access data for my applications. In this course I will show you the power of JDBC while focusing on best practices. With JDBC in the Java world, we can get data into and out of any application on any platform using any relational database.
- Deciphering JDBC terminology
- Using containerized PostgreSQL
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting data
- The Repository pattern
- Using stored procedures
- Ordering and limiting results
- Transactions in JDBC
- Handling exceptions