Learn to create generic types in Java.
- [Instructor] Oracles's Java Documentation…Tutorial for Generics,…is available at this URL.…It begins by saying…in any non-trivial software project,…bugs are simply a fact of life.…It also references an additional tutorial on generics.…I'll provide an introduction to generics…and their syntax within Java.…If you would like to pursue generics in more depth,…either or both of these tutorials…are a good place to start.…This code snippet illustrates the syntax…of generics within Java.…
The first method without generics instantiates a list,…adds an element to the list,…and retrieves an element from the list.…The notable item in this method is the string cast.…The second method, with generics,…does almost the same thing…except it marks the list with a generic string.…This indicates that this list will only contain strings.…This is a compile time designation.…When retrieving an item from the list,…a cast is no longer necessary.…
It's nice that generics eliminate casting.…However, the power of generics…is compile time error checking.…
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.