Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the simplified use of generics, part of Java Advanced Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Many of the improvements in Java 7 are intended to make our lives as programmers a bit easier.…Here's the first example.…For this, and for all demonstrations in this course, I'll use existing projects that are…a part of the course's exercise files.…If you have access to the exercise files, you can import them into Eclipse 4.2 Juno.…I'll go to the menu, and choose File > Import.…Then I'll choose General > Existing Projects into Workspace in the Import dialog and click Next.…
Now, I'll browse to choose a root directory, and in this case, I'll choose a folder named…SimplifiedGenerics that's in the Java7NF chapter.…I'll click OK and then click Finish to import the project.…In the Package Explorer, I'll open the project and open the source folder, and then drill…down and locate and open the Main class.…Now, I'll double-click the tab for the editor, and I'm ready to code.…And I'll follow that same process to get started with each of the demos in this course.…
Now, to this new feature, simplified use of generics. In this Main class, I've instantiated…
- Installing Java on Windows and Mac OS X
- Installing Eclipse
- Using new features such as simplified generics
- Working with advanced class structures (member, local inner, etc.)
- Using the Reflection API
- Navigating inheritance trees
- Managing unordered and ordered sets
- Peeking and polling with queues
- Testing and error handling
- Managing files and directories
- Working with I/O streams
- Next steps with Java
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started
2. Java 7 New Features
3. Using Advanced Class Structures
4. Using the Reflection API
5. More of the Collections Framework
6. Testing and Advanced Exception Handling
Using the finally keyword5m 40s
7. Managing Files and Directories in Java 7
8. Working with I/O Streams
9. Working with Multi-threading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.