Join Peggy Fisher for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the Java API, part of Java Essential Training for Students.
- I'm sure you've heard the term API before.…So let's review the Java API.…API stands for Application Programming Interface.…I want to make sure you understand that the term API…is not specific to Java.…You'll find APIs for Android when you're trying…to write an app for your Android phone.…Python and almost all languages have their own API.…In Java, most basic programming tasks…are performed by the APIs classes and packages.…
By using the API, it reduces the amount of code…necessary for the programmer to write…to perform common operations such as…reading and writing from the console,…reading and writing from files,…math calculations such as square root, sine, and cosine.…These are all common operations…that we all use in most of our programs.…The benefit is the API contains classes and methods…that have already been developed and tested,…so we can reuse these without reinventing the wheel.…
The Java API is a collection of software packages,…classes, interfaces, with their respective…methods, fields, and constructors.…
- Getting started with parsing
- Reviewing data types
- Using decisions
- Creating user-defined methods
- Command-line debugging
- Exploring the Java API
- Creating and instantiating classes
- Working with interfaces
- Storing items with arrays
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How can I make my debugger function like the author’s?
1. Command Level Programming
2. Basics Review
4. Java API
5. Simulations and Algorithm Analysis
6. Classes and Objects
7. More on Classes
8. Data Structures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.