Opening an IDE for the first time can be scary and intimidating. Kathryn helps you get to know JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA by explaining all of its panels and buttons
- [Instructor] Opening an integrated development…environment, an IDE, for the first time…can be scary and intimidating, but don't worry.…I'll walk you through this step by step.…In this video, we are going to be exploring…our newly downloaded IntelliJ IDE community edition.…So to open it, I'm just going to go to the search bar here…and we'll type in IntelliJ and it should pop up there.…We'll hit enter.…And we are going to be creating a brand new project.…And you'll see that we have Java version 9.0.1,…and this is good.…
And if you've downloaded the Java 9 development kit as well…this should pop up here, too.…If you do not have this, try re-downloading…and installing the Java 9 development kits.…And we'll want to make sure that is selected…we're not going to need anything else here,…so we'll click next.…We'll click next.…And then we are going to name this project Hello World.…And this is pretty famous in computer science,…but any time you're starting a new language…or you're starting a new type of development…usually you call your first project Hello World.…
- Downloading Java 9 and choosing an IDE
- Understanding Java basics: data types, strings, arrays, and more
- Controlling flow with functions and loops
- Working with inheritance and interfaces
- Learning lambda
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Java Basics
3. Control Flow
4. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.