Get a first look at the new features in Java 10 and Java 11, including local variable type inference, application class-data sharing, improved garbage collection, and more.
- [Kathryn] Hi, my name is Kathryn Hodge, and I'll be your instructor for First Look at Java 10 and 11. The main idea behind this course is to review the new features being added in these Java releases. I won't go over every single feature, but we'll take a look at some of the more important ones that will affect you and your Java programs. For example, Java 10 introduces a new release cadence which we'll walk through, as well as a new identifier for local variables, while Java 11 lets us launch single-file source code programs and standardizes the http client API.
So if you're ready, let's jump in.
- Local variable type inferences
- Garbage collection improvements
- Application class-data sharing
- Thread-local handshakes
- Standardizing the HTTP client
- JVM improvements