Learn the locations for downloading software for environment setup.
- [Instructor] In this course, we'll be using…six pieces of required software,…and one piece of optional software.…In this video, I'll show you where you can download…the Java 8 Software Development Kit, Git,…Gradle, IntelliJ, Apache Common Language, and Gson.…In the next video, I'll show you how you can install…each of these pieces of software.…I'm recording this course in October of 2016,…and these are the correct URLs.…When you view this course, these URLs may change slightly.…
If you need to, you can use Google to search…for particular pieces of software.…The first piece of software that we're going to download…is the Java 8 Software Development Kit…for the standard edition of Java.…First, accept the license.…Now, download the Java Development Kit…appropriate for your computer.…The second piece of software that we'll download is Git.…This is the URL for Git.…Select the operating system for your computer.…
Now download the latest version.…The third piece of software that we need is Gradle.…In this case, I'm going to select to download…
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.