Join Peggy Fisher for an in-depth discussion in this video Downloading the Java IDE (NetBeans), part of Up and Running with Java.
- In this course, we will start by downloading an IDE…or an integrated development environment.…There are many different environments available.…I have chosen NetBeans IDE for Java SE,…which stands for the standard edition,…which is a free open source download.…Prior to downloading the IDE,…make sure you check for the Java Runtime Environment…on your computer.…Go to java.com/en.…Click on Do I Have Java.…Next, click on Verify the Java Version.…
Notice, that I now have to install a plug-in.…This step might be optional for you on your computer…if you already have Java installed for the web browser.…I'm gonna click on Free Java Download.…I'm gonna click Agree and Start Free Download.…Next, I'm going to click on the executable that downloaded.…It's in the bottom left-hand corner of my screen.…I'm gonna click Yes.…I'm gonna click Install.…I'm gonna unselect this and click Next.…
At this point, you can see…that we have successfully installed Java.…Now, I'm being prompted to Verify my Java version.…The plug-in was blocked,…
- Downloading and exploring NetBeans
- Understanding Java basics: data types, strings, arrays, and more
- Controlling flow with functions and loops
- Creating classes
- Sorting and searching arrays
- Manipulating files
- Handling errors
- Building GUIs
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Java Basics
3. Flow of Control
4. Classes and Objects
5. Beyond the Basics
6. File Manipulation
7. Graphical User Interface Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.