Learn to build optimized cloud-native Java applications for microservices architectures with the help of Eclipse MicroProfile.
- [Kate] Are you a Java developer looking for ways to modernize your enterprise Java applications? Well, MicroProfile provides specifications that help you do just that. They allow you to optimize your applications for cloud-native and microservice architectures. In this course, you'll learn how to start using the MicroProfile specifications in your Java applications. This includes how to add health checks, collect metrics, and trace requests. I will also introduce you to the wide range of specifications that MicroProfile has created. We will use an open source application server called Open Liberty which provides a full implementation of the MicroProfile specifications. You'll see how to take some of these specifications and add them to an existing Open Liberty application. My name is Kate Stanley. I'm a software engineer and I love helping people get the best out of their enterprise Java applications. I want my LinkedIn Learning course to help you take your Java applications to the next level. So, let's get started.
- Installing Docker
- Running an application with Docker
- Deploying an application to Kubernetes
- Adding custom metrics
- Collecting and visualizing metrics
- Enabling distributed tracing