Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Define the transaction processor, part of Java EE: Concurrency and Multithreading.
- [Narrator] Okay. The next step is…Create a TransactionProcessor.…That will be now a runnable or callable implementation.…So, let's say we pick up the runnable implementation.…Inside the run() method, we have to do a lot of things.…So, let's first define that class.…Let's go to IDE.…And, under the runnables folder,…I'm going to have a class…called TransactionProcessor.…Okay.…And this will, of course, implements Runnable.…
Okay.…So, that's the class we have now with us.…And what we are going to do is,…inside this, the first step is,…we have to get the javax.transaction.UserTransaction object.…So, that is going to happen by the JNDI lookup.…The next big step is,…you will have to get the TransactionBean object as well…by the JNDI lookup.…So, let's go there.…Let's come inside and say private UserTransaction…so this comes from the javax.transaction package.…Take a reference for it.…
And also, take a reference for your TransactionBean.…(keyboard typing sound)…Okay.…Now, we write the constructor of TransactionProcessor().…
- What is concurrency?
- Processes and threads in Java SE
- Java EE concurrency APIs
- Working with the ManagedExecutorService, ManagedScheduledExecutorService, ManagedThreadFactory, and ContextService APIs
- Defining data access object (DAO) classes
- Adding methods to DAO classes
- Writing REST classes
- Creating custom thread factories
- Creating contextual proxies
- JTA transactions and concurrency
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
Java EE: Design Patterns and Architecturewith Alex Theedom2h 44m Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setup
2. Processes and Threads
3. Executor API
4. Java EE Concurrency APIs
5. Concurrency and Transactions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.